SUMMER SCHOOL 2020: REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND POLICY – A NEW CONCEPTUALISATION AND REALITY CHECK
The University of Split, Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism (FEBT) proudly presents the third international Summer School themed “Regional Development and Policy – A New Conceptualisation and Reality Check“.
- COURSE 1: REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN POST-CRISIS AND POST-GLOBAL WORLD covering the broad field of regional development.
- COURSE 2: (EU) REGIONAL POLICY – REALITY CHECK AND PERSPECTIVE putting more emphasis on regional options, results and future perspective.
During the intensive five-day programme, the participants are exposed to the latest developments in the field, gaining a unique opportunity to learn about and discuss structures, stakeholders, processes, challenges, and future perspectives of the regional development and EU policy in dialogue with leading international academic experts and practitioners expanding their network both in the classroom, as well as during the vibrant social events in the breath-taking city of Split. The courses provide an intensive and in-depth analysis of the topics covered.
FEBT Summer School offers top-level training for upper-year undergraduate, graduate and PhD students as well as professionals from all over the world (from social, humanistic, natural, and technical sciences). We also encourage students in other applied fields who want to improve their knowledge in the field to participate as well. The programme is perfect for busy professionals who wish to sharpen their knowledge in the latest research within the field, but do not have the time to undertake extensive academic courses. The participants can gain up to 6 ECTS for attending the FEBT Summer School.
We proudly present the keynote speakers at the FEBT Summer School:
- Peter Nijkamp (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- André Torre (the European Regional Science Association)
- Andres Rodriguez –Pose (London School of Economics)
- Alberto Giacometti (Nordregio)
- Jukka Teräs (Nordregio)
- Karima Kourtit (KTH)
- Vinko Muštra (FEBT)
- Blanka Šimundić (FEBT)
- Alessandro Valenza (T33)
- Wolfgang Petzold (European Committee of the Regions)
- Mari Woien Meijer (Nordregio)
- Early bird application deadline: April 1, 2020
- Early bird notification of acceptance: April 10, 2020
- Early bird payment deadline: May 1, 2020
- Regular application deadline: June 1, 2020
- Regular notification of acceptance: June 5, 2020
- Regular payment deadline: June 16, 2020
- Summer School 2020: June 29 - July 3, 2020
For questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you in June 2020 in one of the hottest destinations at the Mediterranean: the beautiful city of Split!