Freelance Content Writer - Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering Focus
Junior industry position, graduate / traineeship
We are looking for a talented and motivated engineering graduate to join our team as a Content Writer (Engineering Focus) on a freelance basis.
You will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining new and fascinating content in the fields of civil and mechanical engineering and especially career related topics, that appeals to our target audience.
11 Academia Networks is a global internet platform hosting educational and career opportunities for top students and academics around the world. Our rapidly growing online magazine and career platform, newengineer.com, hosts around 100,000 engineering visitors every month. Headquartered in Berlin-Mitte, 11 Academia Networks is one of Berlin’s most solidly growing start-up companies with excellent revenue growth rates over the last 3 years.
Working with our content team you will write high quality articles for our New Engineers: students, academics and young professionals. Our ideal candidate is a native English speaker who is an Engineering graduate, and who can demonstrate stylish and creative writing skills.
• Create engaging articles related to engineering and STEM-careers
• Plan and optimize content according to company priorities
• Stay up-to-date with developments and generate ideas for new articles
• You are an advanced Master’s / PhD student, or a graduate of civil/mechanical engineering
• You have excellent English writing skills (native speaker level) with a casual, relatable style
• You have a passion for your subject - Engineering is also your hobby!
• You can authoritatively write advice articles about education and career paths for engineers
• You have initial editorial experience, e.g. with a STEM blog, student magazine or website
If this sounds like you then we look forward to receiving your application!
• Flexible working time, with the freedom to work remotely
• Opportunity to make a name for yourself writing about topics you love
• An experienced and supportive small team
• If you wish to work on-site, a beautiful office in the heart of Berlin near Humboldt University
At 11 Academia Networks, you can expect an intellectual, fast and open culture of a start-up, combined with the professionalism and experience of an international company.
To apply send us an email with your resume, one short writing sample, and a cover note about yourself to email@example.com