Amazing student experiences, state-of-the-art facilities, and opportunities to make your place in the world.UPEI continues to excel in student enrolment, research, and faculty awards.Accelerated Bachelor of Business AdministrationFor students with two-year diplomas in business
The Accelerated Bachelor of Business Administration program is available to students who have a two-year diploma from Holland College (or a similar college) in Retail Management, Business, or Accounting. They must satisfy general UPEI and School of Business entrance requirements. Applicants must demonstrate a minimum average of 70% in their college program.
- Business 1410 - Marketing
- Business 2880 - Research and Evidence-Based Management
- Economics 1010 - Introductory Microeconomics
- UPEI 1010 - Writing Studies (see note 3)
- Accounting 1010 - Introduction to Financial Accounting (except students whose college diploma was in Accounting; see note 1)
Required courses recommended to be taken in a student’s second year at UPEI:
- Business 2120 - Business Presentations and Communications
- Business 2310 - Corporate Finance
- Business 2720 - Human Resource Management
- Business 3010 - Business Law – Part I
- Business 3430 - Integrated Cases in Marketing
- English 3810 - Professional Writing
- Business 3330 - Integrated Cases in Corporate Finance or Business 3340 (formerly 4210) - Personal Finance
- Business 3510 - Operations Management
- Business 3910 - Strategic Management
- Business 4950 - Business Research I
For students whose college diploma was in Accounting:
In addition to the 22 required courses, students must take 8 elective courses. At least three electives must be business courses, and at least four electives must be non-business courses. The other elective (“a free elective”) may be either a business or a non-business course.
For students whose college diploma was in Business or Retail Management:
In addition to the 23 required courses, students must take 7 elective courses. At least two electives must be business courses, and at least four electives must be non-business courses. The other elective (“a free elective”) may be either a business or a non-business course.
Students must obtain at least 60% in at least 14 of the 18 required business courses in order to qualify for the degree of Accelerated Bachelor of Business Administration.
- Students in the Retail or Business Program will also be required to take Accounting 1010 if they have not completed the equivalent at Holland College or an equivalent community college program.
- Students in this program are eligible for the Business Co‐op option.
- The completion of UPEI 1010 is a required course for the Accelerated BBA, but the course also meets the general UPEI requirement of taking UPEI 1010, 1020 or 1030.
Admissions CriteriaWhat's Required for Admission to the Accelerated BBA Program?
The Accelerated Bachelor of Business Administration program is available to students who have a two-year diploma from Holland College (or a similar college) in Retail Management, Business, or Accounting.
Applicants must satisfy general UPEI and Faculty of Business entrance requirements, and demonstrate a minimum average of 70% in their college program.
Fees and FundingFaculty of Business Tuition
UPEI's undergraduate tuition is the second-lowest in the Atlantic region, and we offer more than $5 million in scholarships and awards.
International students pay $7,320 per year in addition to full-time student tuition.
For a complete breakdown of part-time or full-time study as a student in the Faculty of Business, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
Scholarships and Awards
UPEI supports you and your educational goals. We administer millions of dollars in scholarships and awards to our undergraduate and graduate students every year. Depending on your faculty or program, and year of study, you may be eligible for available awards.
Celebrating Student Achievement
Including Guaranteed Entrance Scholarships and Academic Excellence Awards, these awards recognize the academic achievements of all students who meet the eligibility criteria while studying towards their first undergraduate degree.
Your mentors. Our professors.
UPEI has about 250 faculty members—exceptional scholars, teachers, and mentors, with more being hired each year as we open new, progressive, and unique programs. But the story isn’t just in the numbers. It’s in the quality of our people. Award-winning faculty from around the globe have made UPEI home. Here, you’ll learn directly from these world-class professors and researchers in small classes where you’ll have easy access to them.
1-800-606-UPEI or 902-628-4353