Bachelor of Business Administration is a 3-year full-time Bachelor’s programme with a focus on providing high quality business education in the rapidly changing global economic situation.
The programme prepares students for successful entry to international or local labour market and further studies in business and economics. It covers the major areas of business administration: business law and economic policy, accounting, finance and marketing, human resource management and organizational behaviour, strategic management and innovation, ethics and social responsibility, statistical analysis etc.
The main goal is to develop an understanding of the enterprise and its environment, acquisition of managerial skills and abilities needed for running a business or being a successful specialist in many areas.
Why study Business Administration at the University of Tartu?
- One of the world's 350 best universities: high quality education
- Taught fully in English in a multicultural group of students
- Extensive practical learning is an integral part of the studies
- Springboard for entering into local or international labour market or continuing at master’s level
Why study business in Estonia?
- Due to its geopolitical position the Estonian economy has always been very international and linked to global economic community.
- Estonia is one of the most dynamic and innovative regions in the European Union known for its modern IT solutions and communication technologies.
- Many globally successful businesses like Skype, Playtech and Ericsson are located in Estonia.
- The University of Tartu is the forerunner of business education and research in Estonia with the focus of providing high quality business education in the rapidly changing global economic situation.
After graduation, the students have a wide range of possible career choices and opportunities. Thousands of School of Economics and Business Administration graduates work successfully in private businesses, hold important positions in public companies and institutions, or have continued in academic careers worldwide, incl. many outstanding business and political leaders, notably, Mr. Siim Kallas, former Vice-President of the European Commission.
After completion of the BBA degree, there are equal opportunities to continue at master's level. You can find the different master's programmes at the University of Tartu here.
Students have a chance to take part in extracurricular activities to further develop their skills. Idealab provides entrepreneurial programmes for students who seek opportunities to put their academic knowledge into practice. Idealab brings together students from different fields from all around South Estonia to solve wide range of problems, find working solutions, build prototypes and develop business models.
BBA students are often involved in the AIESEC network and participate in the annual Student Startup camp. Open lectures ranging from power of improvisation to policymaking in EU are held regularly by the university.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Tuition waivers available for top-ranked applicants
Ülikooli 18, 50090
Tartu , Estonia