Our online health information management degree will give you a tremendous advantage. The B.S. in Health Information Management combines concepts in health care, information technology, and leadership practice to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to be a valuable designer, developer, and manager of health information systems. With a health information management degree from WGU, you’ll become a unique asset in the high-demand field of healthcare information technology and management with the added credibility of the highly respected CompTIA Project+ certification—and eligibility to apply for the RHIA credentialing exam.
Who the Program is For:
- Healthcare professionals who want to develop IT skills to move into health information management.
- Health information professionals who want to gain expertise in health information management.
- Information technology (IT) professionals who want to move into health information management.
- Business professionals with strategic management experience pursuing a career in health information management.
- Motivated individuals who are seeking a career that combines expertise in healthcare, IT, and business.
- Individuals who have completed some college coursework or have applicable work experience.
- Individuals who can typically spend 25 or more hours per week on their studies.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
The B.S. in Health Information Management combines concepts in healthcare, information technology, and leadership. You’ll become a unique asset in the high-demand field of health information management with the added credibility of your Project+ certification—and eligibility to earn AHIMA’s RHIA credential.
The program requires a total of 121 competency units (CUs), our equivalent to the traditional credit hour. A course-by-course transcript evaluation will determine whether your previous college credit will transfer and waive any course requirements.
The WGU B.S. in Health Information Management program is grounded in real research on effective instruction, and adheres to national standards. We developed our online health information management program with significant input from experts and business leaders who serve on our Health Professions Program Council. This program provides the knowledge and skills that enable graduates to design, develop, and manage the information system of a healthcare facility.
4001 700 E #700, Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Salt Lake City , United States