Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Options in Biology
Our Bachelor of Science in Biology is intended for students with health profession goals. We offer pre-veterinary and pre-medicine concentrations for students interested in pursuing advanced professional degrees, including veterinary, human medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, physical therapy and other allied health fields. William Woods University has experienced a 100 percent acceptance rate for students who have applied for advanced professional degrees in veterinary medicine, medical school, pharmacy and physical therapy doctoral programs.
Our Bachelor of Arts in Biology is for students interested in other areas of Biology that might lead to a career in research or an applied field; the B.A. degree is flexible and can be tailored to your specific interests.
- Take our Tropical Biology field course in Central America
- Participate in the Genomics Education Partnership; a classroom based research experience
- Work collaboratively with our staff Veterinarian at the Center for Equine Medicine— explore diagnostics, treatment, therapies and learn from real case-studies happening right on campus
- Take advantage of access to cutting-edge immersive research experiences in and out of class
- Present at conferences and publish work with faculty
- For example, one student recently worked collaboratively in plant genotyping for a National Science Foundation-funded research; funding (through extramural grant) to send a student to international immunology conference
- Learn from enthusiastic faculty, who have a diverse range of biological interests, yet the same passion to teach and to help their students learn both inside and outside of the classroom
- Get involved in a number of biology organizations such as Beta Beta Beta, the biology honors society, Biology Club, Pre-Medicine Club or Pre-Veterinary Club
1 University Ave, Fulton, MO 65251
Fulton , United States