Utrecht Science Park
Creative Business (CB) is a state-of-the-art degree programme focusing on the latest developments in international marketing, media and communication. It equips you with a blend of professional skills highly desired by employers in creative industries such as advertising, media and entertainment, design, music, publishing, gaming, fashion and IT, but also in other organisations – commercial and non-profit – and consultancies. Along the way you learn how to manage the commercial power of creativity, to think strategically and conceptually and to find innovative ways to solve the challenges of today’s international creative business.
Why to study Creative Busines?
- Creativity meets business: solid grounding in marketing, communication, media and business theory, plus the ability to apply this knowledge to real-life cases from international creative business.
- Global flexibility: from day one you work in cross-cultural international teams, on cross-border projects.
- Global community: Not only do your fellow students come from all over the world, but your tutors represent at least fifteen different nationalities and you spend at least one semester of the programme working or studying abroad.
- Teaching material featuring real-life cases from the international creative industry and other sectors.
- International careers at employers with a creative core, from vintage to start-up to scale-up
- Outstanding job prospects: we help you to create your own personal brand through a choice of elective courses beginning in the second year.
Why to choose HU?
- A unique programme: opt for the future and learn how communication, marketing and media are changing businesses and the world.
- International network: HU supports your ambitions. Our lecturers will tutor and assist you in making the most of this international study.
- The city of Utrecht: Beautiful Utrecht is a university city with plenty of young people and excellent facilities for student life. A genuine Dutch city with an international vibe, Utrecht is the beating heart of the Netherlands and home to world-class music and film festivals, modern architecture, trendy shops and interesting museums.
- Modern campus: Utrecht Science Park is a modern university campus located close to the heart of the city. Restaurants and cafés are concentrated in the central area around the university library, which is about five minutes’ walk from the HU buildings.
- Students with disabilities:The facilities for students with disabilities at HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht comply fully with the standards laid down by the Dutch Council for the Disabled.
How to apply to the program?
- Students who apply to our international Bachelor’s programmes must have a secondary school diploma at a sufficient level (comparable to the Dutch havo-diploma).
- All students, except students with a relevant Dutch diploma, must prove that they have good writing and conversation skills in English. If English is not your native language, you must provide a result from an internationally recognised test of English
Deadlines for international students living outside of the Netherlands:
- 15 June - Non-EU/EEA students who need an entry visa for study
- 15 July – Non-EU/EEA students who wish to transfer to HU with a temporary residence permit
- 1 August - Students from EU/EEA countries who have a European diploma
What do our students think?
Jessica White (United Kingdom), Creative Business (Formerly International Communication and Media)
"Utrecht is my favourite city"
‘The best about the CB-programme is the way it all fits together. In the first year I learnt new skills such as design, marketing and research skills. In the second and third year I got the chance to use those skills in real projects and during an internship. The final year has really been a test of everything I have done in the past three years.
Of all the cities in the Netherlands, Utrecht is my favourite. I've been here for 4 years and there's still so much to do and see! It really is a very lively student city where people are always open to make new friends. Also, Utrecht is very central located in the Netherlands and therefore everything is so close by that going away for a day is easy. You can visit almost every corner of the Netherlands… Or Germany, France and Belgium!’
Student Service Desk