The Burroughs, London NW4 4BT
Why study BSc Biomedical Science at Middlesex University?
Fast-paced and hands-on, this exciting degree will open up many opportunities for entry into a variety of careers associated with the field of biomedical science. As well as developing your specialist knowledge you'll learn techniques such as microscopy, blood typing, immunoassays, DNA analysis, coagulation tests, tissue identification and staining, ensuring that you graduate with an understanding of good professional practice and the key skills required in biomedical science today.
Our lecturers have worked in a range of scientific backgrounds as research scientists and even medics, and within labs across the biomedical science field. Our teaching is informed by the research that is taking place on campus, such as the development of affordable treatment for AIDS-related cancer patients in developing countries.
We use real clinical laboratory challenges as the starting point for teaching, so you will learn through practical examples. Our small class sizes mean you receive high levels of support and ensure your learning is tailored to your interests.
Our course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Sciences (IBMS) and provides you with a professional qualification that will support your scientific career.
- Build professional experience whilst you study via a range of placement opportunities, such as in an NHS hospital laboratory, or by completing a sandwich year
- Our state-of-the-art bioanalytical laboratories for teaching and research are among the best in the UK
- Work with the next generation of scientific instrumentation for molecular analysis – in line with the new focus on protein-hunting rather than gene-hunting in scientific research
- Our supportive learning environment has seen this course receive a 90% satisfaction rate from students
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.