Suppose that you get your dream-job as an analyst, and on the very first day your boss entrusts you with the task to write a report about how the recent changes in the American fiscal policy affect the direction and volume of international trade and the Forint (that’s the name of the Hungarian currency)-Euro exchange rate. The deadline is 5 o’clock on the same day, thus to solve this problem you have to be aware of the relevant economic concepts, ideas, principles, equations and models. Also you have to have some experience in using those mathematical and econometric methods that enable you to evaluate the problem quantitatively, and have to demonstrate that you not just know how to conduct a proper economic research but you are also able to communicate your rigorous economic analysis in a coherent way.
Exactly these are the skills, and technical competence that the Bachelor of Science in Applied Economics Program can offer.
- After having completed the Bachelor of Science in Applied Economics Program, you will be able to
- identify relevant economic questions,
- use models, and econometric methods to answer relevant economic questions quantitatively,
- analyse economic models and evaluate their relevance for theoretical and practical problem solving,
- plan and undertake applied work and research projects in economics,
- understand the economic role of the government, the reason behind some fiscal and monetary policy actions,
- identify the benefits and costs of a global economy,
- demonstrate your ability to apply economic theory to a range of economic problems,
- effectively communicate your analysis.
- You will also have in depth knowledge about economic theory.
- You will know how economic policy, technological advances and demographic conditions affect the main economic variables.
- You will be able to formulate economic models, you will know how to quantify or calibrate model parameters, and how to use this model for simulations.
Budapest , Hungary