The Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice provides you with sound knowledge in the areas of U.S. law enforcement, criminology, investigations, law, and community relations. A wide range of course offerings enable you to focus on juvenile issues, causes of crime and criminal behavior, corrections and incarceration, investigative procedures and techniques, leadership, maritime law, or forensics. This bachelor’s degree will enhance your professional career path if you are currently in the criminal justice field, or can help to prepare you for a new career as a criminologist, agent, or investigator in federal, state or local law enforcement, judicial, and other organizations.
Our criminal justice programs are among the most popular at the university, bringing you peer interactions and an expanded network of criminal justice professionals who are dedicated to safeguarding their communities and nation. Courses in this program are taught by highly credentialed and experienced instructors, many who hold key positions in government agencies or criminal justice organizations.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Recognize and explain the major international, U.S., and localized law enforcement systems and organization.
- Describe and analyze the political and public administrative aspects of law enforcement organizations.
- Communicate and apply the major theories and concepts of crime, criminal justice, and criminology.
- Conduct research associated with criminal justice and criminology theories.
- Assess the operations, practices, and processes associated with leading standards of evidence and law.
10110 Battleview Parkway, Suite 114 Manassas, VA 20109
Manassas , United States