Economics and Business Economics, Financial Economics, International Economics and Policy BSc
Are you interested in financial management, exchange rates and the world economy? If so, then Economics and Business Economics might be the right programme for you. You will learn to analyse the financial choices and decisions that have to be made constantly by businesses, from family businesses to multinationals. You will examine the risks and national and international rules that organisations have to work within as well as how to best deal with uncertainties like fluctuating interest rates and competition. This programme suits people who like to analyse numbers and have a broad interest in the financial system and how this influences organisations.
Economics and Business Economics in Nijmegen is characterized by paying attention to other study fields besides economics as well. We call this Economics+. It means that in Nijmegen you do not only delve into numbers and money, but also into social issues such as income inequality, causes of a crisis, the euro and other currencies, international developments and global capital markets, because in economics, culture, psychology, sociology, and ethics also play a role. Therefore, bits and pieces of psychology, sociology, business administration and law are included in the studies of economics. After all, the way in which resources are used or the way in which markets operate is the effect of human decision-making.
Why Economics and Business Economics at Radboud University?
- Economics+: you will develop a broad perspective on economic problems, taking into account business administration, psychology and law for instance
- Our Economics and Business Economics programme is ranked in the top three best economics programmes of the Netherlands according to Elsevier
- More focus on acquiring research skills than in other economics programmes in the Netherlands
- Six months of studying abroad as an optional or fixed part of the programme
- A personal approach to education and small-scale teaching
- A green campus in the centre of Nijmegen, with excellent study and sports facilities
- Housing offered to admitted students who do not live in the Netherlands and applied before the deadline (see details)
- Three-year Bachelor's studies with guaranteed direct admission to a Master's programme after completion
- Access to top-level careers, including support and advice regarding the job market.
Regular fees: 2083 - 8342 EUR
Depending on your citizenship you need to pay different fees:
- Legal tuition fees: 2083 EUR/year
- Institutional fees: 8342 EUR/year
If you hold a citizenship from a EU country you are most likely eligible for the legal tuition fees. If this does not apply to you, you will need to pay the institutional tuition fee. Please visit the University website or contact the University for more information.
European students who work 56 hours/month or more can apply for student finance from the Dutch Government.
Nijmegen , Netherlands