500 8th Ave, Lewiston, ID 83501
To strengthen the health and wellbeing of the people of our communities by preparing students as professional nurses who engage in critical reasoning and creative thinking to design, provide, and coordinate exceptional nursing care in a dynamic healthcare environment.
The BSN Program will prepare graduates:
- Upon graduation, students are well prepared to function as a Baccalaureate nurse in various healthcare settings.
- Graduates well prepared to participate as a member of interdisciplinary healthcare teams.
- Graduates well prepared to understand and assume leadership roles in the healthcare system.
- Stakeholders who are satisfied with the BSN curriculum and educational experience.
- Students who successfully complete and graduate from the program.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree Program is a dynamic baccalaureate program with a Basic Track and completion tracks for currently licensed Practical (LPN) and Registered Nurses (RN). The RN-BSN Track is offered in a fully online format. The BSN student will develop and expand knowledge and skills delineated by the professional nurse roles of provider of care, designer/manager/coordinator of care, and member of the profession. Students participate in selected learning activities to develop an understanding of the art and science of nursing. The program provides an educational foundation for continued nursing study at the graduate level. Graduates of the Basic Track are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN)